Next Page

Previous Page

Thread: store properties of users to database

Created on: 11/01/10 01:07 AM

Replies: 2

someturkishguy

store properties of users to database
11/01/10 1:07 AM

i watched all your tutorials and they're all great! and they are covering pretty much everthing about coding with FMS... but i am curious about one thing... lets say users have some properties that has to be stored in database, or logs has to be stored in database, or may be users have some balance to use application and in a timely manner this balance amount has to be reduced in database... that would be great if you could cover database connectivity in a tutorial and let us know what is the best approach for this? which one is better? writing the code on clientside (which can cause missing data, user can close app before storing) or letting serverside code to do that?

regards

Link | Top | Bottom

someturkishguy

RE: store properties of users to database
11/01/10 1:28 AM

you know in a real world application, you don't set the userID from the main.asc, user already signs in the normal site flow (php - mysql or whatelse) and you pass that info (userID, pass whatever) into swf and swf checks it again against database? and then using those info, swf connects to the fms and fms also checks them against database too? or am i freaked out about being hijacked?? :D

don't we need to check again and again (:
* Last updated by: someturkishguy on 11/1/2010 @ 1:30 AM *

Link | Top | Bottom

Graeme

RE: store properties of users to database
11/01/10 2:46 PM

Yes, incorporating a database in the picture is a tutorial that is on my list but I have limited time and that is definitely one that isn't a short tutorial.

Definitely writing code on the server side to integrate with the database is best, then pass that back and forth with the client from FMS.

As for your question on the userID, it's just an app internal ID more than anything. I use it judiciously for getting a hold of a certain user. It's very possible to use a unique ID that you create from a database, and that will work quite fine, but a lot of the apps I show and teach about don't go that far.

Link | Top | Bottom

Next Page

Previous Page

New Post

Please login to post a response.