Home | Search | Login | RSS
We have 1080 members and counting!
Next Page

Previous Page

Thread: I really urgently need help on this one...

Created on: 02/10/11 12:24 AM

Replies: 1

Mikkel

I really urgently need help on this one...
02/10/11 12:24 AM

Is there anyone who knows if it is possible to access using RTMP in multiple layers of directories like:

rtmp://{Server-domain or IP]/2011/denmark/user-3209382000023/

I can only make it work with 1 directory level under the applications directory.

Making lots a of streams is a problem with a very flat structure creating a high
latency in searching in a plain filesystem with many directories at the same level.

Its strange because the client application can connect using the multiple directory layer
structure but FMS will not make connections between 2 clients except if the main.asc file is placed in most 1 directory level under the applications directory.

Does anyone know a get around, set-up or anything that might help?

Best regards
Mikkel
Denmark

Link | Top | Bottom

Graeme

RE: I really urgently need help on this one...
02/10/11 4:57 PM

There shouldn't be an issue of going deeper, although come to think of it I don't think I've ever tried. This will depend on what player you are using, but if you specify the directory structure properly in the netStream.play() method, then I don't see why there would be an issue.

That's if I'm reading you correctly. If you happen to be talking about an instance within an instance (2001 is the app name and denmark is the instance name), then no, you can't do that.

On a side note, it's not a good idea to name applications with only numbers. I'm not sure why, but it's not recommended by Adobe and I can recall having issues in the past with that.

Link | Top | Bottom

Next Page

Previous Page

New Post

Please login to post a response.