Home | Search | Login | RSS
We have 1080 members and counting!
Next Page

Previous Page

Thread: need the ancient fms 2 authoring components (for Flash 8 Professional)

Created on: 02/05/12 08:55 AM

Replies: 3

Psalmist

need the ancient fms 2 authoring components (for Flash 8 Professional)
02/05/12 8:55 AM

Believe it or not I have a need for the very outdated authoring components for flash media server. I think they were AS1 components, maybe they were called communication components, and they were compatible with Flash 8 Professional. I think they're the latest ones but they were never updated by Adobe. I can't find them anymore on the Adobe site. Does anyone have them?

Link | Top | Bottom

Graeme

RE: need the ancient fms 2 authoring components (for Flash 8 Professional)
02/05/12 8:30 PM

Waaaayyy down at the bottom:

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashmediaserver/downloads_updaters.html

Link | Top | Bottom

Psalmist

02/06/12 6:16 AM

Thank you very much Graeme. Pardon any ignorance here but actually I had already examined that page and looked at it again just now. I recall before (years ago) there was a separate download for the authoring-side communication components, which worked with Flash Professional 8 and Flash Media Server 2 (though they were AS1 components). The closest thing I see to that now on that page is the second to the last item:

Flash Communication Server Authoring Components Updater for Flash MX 2004
December 19, 2003

But that seems to be just an updater, as it says. But I actually did download it and try to install it but it said it found no Flash MX 2004 on my system.

Again I have Flash 8 Professional, and before I had the communication components (for Flash 8 Professional) that came from a separate download, and I just can't find that now. Maybe it doesn't exist anymore on the Adobe site (well it was actually Macromedia). Perhaps someone has it handy?

Link | Top | Bottom

Psalmist

02/06/12 8:07 AM

Okay pardon my confusion. I guess the second to the last download on that page is indeed the most recent. The updater replaces or installs the communication components into Flash MX 2004. I guess that's the very last one that was released. I guess I and others who used the components with any later version of the Flash authoring tool simply copied that part of the components folder for Flash MX 2004 to the components folder of Flash 8 Professional or whatever.

So I guess I'll have to uninstall Flash 8 Professional, then install Flash MX 2004 (assuming I can find that) and then install the communication components updater (since it looks for an installation of Flash MX 2004), and then copy and save that part of the components folder before removing Flash MX 2004 and reinstalling Flash 8 Professional or a later version.

Link | Top | Bottom

Next Page

Previous Page

New Post

Please login to post a response.