Previous Page

Thread: Webcam Live Streaming

Created on: 11/23/10 11:55 AM

Replies: 3

scrapbrainuk

Webcam Live Streaming
11/23/10 11:55 AM

Okay so here's what I'm trying to do...
My plan is simple, streaming live broadcasts over my website.
But FMS is confusing to me, I understand basic actionscript but I can't even get the code from the 8th FMS tutorial to work it just come up with error 1061 on lines 14, 15, 16 and 18 and error 1119 on line 6, I've looked around and can't find a solution.

All I want to do is set up each of my computers to stream their webcams to the server and then I want to make separate flash files for each stream, that way I can put each flash file on my website and users can view from whichever camera they choose.

is this simple to do?
One day I would like incorporate chat functions into my idea but for now I just want to stick with the basics.

Thank you?

Link | Top | Bottom

Graeme

RE: Webcam Live Streaming
11/23/10 4:54 PM

The 8th tutorial.. that was a long time ago! Are you publishing to Actionscript 2? or 3? That tutorial is old so it needs Actionscript 2.

What you are trying to do isn't tough at all, the tutorials on this site should be able to assist in everything you want, #8 is definitely the tutorial you need to get through though first.

Link | Top | Bottom

scrapbrainuk

Webcam Live Streaming
11/24/10 6:46 AM

Well that makes sense, I'll give it a go when I get home.
Which tutorial would help me to create the flash file to view the live stream? :)

Link | Top | Bottom

Graeme

RE: Webcam Live Streaming
11/25/10 10:51 AM

The same tutorial talks about how to play the video stream. This one too is quite useful and is written in AS3: Tutorial #30: The basics of using the DVR functionality in Flash Media Server 3.5

Link | Top | Bottom

Next Page

Previous Page

New Post

Please login to post a response.