Thread: Connection Help

Created on: 08/22/10 11:22 AM

Replies: 19

dan

Connection Help
08/22/10 11:22 AM

My client to client chat app is giving me the following error on the output:
#onConnectionStatusEvent# NetConnection.Connect.Failed

I have checked over the code again and again everything looks the exact same as the tutorial..

On the Server side I am showing a Connect and Disconnect

I have the App stored under
applications>ChatClient>chatroom>
chatroom.fla
main.asc
Main.as
com(folder)

The Connections are under:
applications>ChatClient>chatroom>com>blackbox>bb>
NetConnectionManager
NetConnectionClient
NetConnectionClientEvent

Are all of my files where they should be? I don't understand why It shows me connecting and then disconnecting right away from the server?

Link | Top | Bottom

Graeme

RE: Connection Help
08/22/10 12:12 PM

What version of FMS are you using?

What is your RTMP connection string? (you can leave out the server part if you want for protection here)

So you actually get back a success response when connecting? How do you know that?

Link | Top | Bottom

dan

08/22/10 2:03 PM

view plain print about
1#onConnectionStatusEvent# NetConnection.Connect.Failed
is the Output Im getting

view plain print about
1nc.createNetConnection("rtmp://127.0.0.1/chatclient/chatroom");
is the connection string

Im using FMS2.0.5

Under Manage Servers>Applications>
Im showing 1 Active
1 Loaded
1 Connects
1 Disconnects
1 Accepted

Link | Top | Bottom

Graeme

08/22/10 9:55 PM

What's the OS? If it's not Windows then you need to be careful of the case of the folder name. "chatclient" isn't the same as "ChatClient".

Where did you put the asc file? That needs to go into the chatclient folder, not the "chatroom" folder (just in case).

Link | Top | Bottom

dan

08/23/10 4:44 AM

Yes it is windows xp, I changed the case of it after the first post to see if that did anything, I put the main.asc in the chatclient folder, nothing, it is still showing me connection failed in AS and connect/disconnect on fms. any ideas? Could it be something non-code related? Can I send you my files and test on a different computer? I even Fowarded port 1935 on my router. Im out of ideas.

Link | Top | Bottom

Graeme

08/23/10 1:18 PM

Is the service running? If it's failing there are 3 reasons:

1. Service is not running

2. Port is closed (not too likely with localhost though)

3. Application folder doesn't exist (that returns a rejected event though from what I remember).

Link | Top | Bottom

dan

08/23/10 2:05 PM

1. I pinged server and I'm getting a response, besides that as stated previously, Connection is getting through.

2. I opened port 1935 for precaution though obviously it shouldn't matter through localhost.

3. I showed you the application path, the only change I made is put the main.asc in the chatclient instead of the chatroom folder. The only other thing that stands out is I have a Folder entitled chatroom, and the FLA is also entitled chatroom inside the folder should this make a difference?

Link | Top | Bottom

Graeme

08/23/10 5:43 PM

Pinging the server means nothing. The only logs you have shown is the admin log. Not the same as the actual FMS service. Can you connect to any other app on the machine? have you ever had success connecting to any app on the machine?

Link | Top | Bottom

dan

08/23/10 6:41 PM

yes i made a basic streaming video in AS2 that connected to the server just fine, just having trouble with this for some reason sigh -_-

Link | Top | Bottom

Graeme

08/23/10 7:09 PM

I don't know what to say, my idea that the server side code has an error in it still stands. Since nothing else seems to be an issue.

Link | Top | Bottom

dan

08/23/10 8:10 PM

Is there any way I can message you the code and take a look at it or email you? It would be much appreciated, Im at a stand still right now I need another set of eyes on it, I just don't see anything on it wrong...

Link | Top | Bottom

Graeme

08/24/10 12:03 AM

Sure Dan, send it over to graeme {at} solid-thinking.com and when I get a couple of moments I'll take a quick glance. It's probably something small. If that isn't the problem and it works fine on my computer then I don't really know what to suggest. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it I guess.

Link | Top | Bottom

Graeme

08/24/10 4:50 PM

The application connects up fine without any changes. Not sure what to suggest other than above stuff. There were a couple of errors in your code though:

sendChtMessage

should be:

sendChatMessage

and:

application.broadcatMsg("receiveChatMessage", msg);

should be:

application.broadcastMsg("receiveChatMessage", msg);

Link | Top | Bottom

dan

08/24/10 6:25 PM

Ok well im making a small bit of progress, I am now having an Error message pop up from the server, Failed to make a debug connection, please check the application is in debug mode. Is there supposed to be a debug class in the main.asc? If i double click on the usersList in shared objects, I do see 1 Client pop up beside the app every once and a while but still no successful message on the App side.

Link | Top | Bottom

dan

08/24/10 6:26 PM

Tue 08:25:49 PM: Connect : rtmp://127.0.0.1/chatclient/chatroom?_fcs_debugreq_=201342126
Tue 08:25:49 PM: Connection rejected by server. Reason : [ Server.Reject ] : Adaptor: _defaultRoot_, VHost: _defaultVHost_, App: chatclient/chatroom, Application debugging not permitted, allowDebug is false

Link | Top | Bottom

dan

08/24/10 6:36 PM

Ok I figured out the debug part, and it does show a client connect up on debug, but still connection failed on app side

Link | Top | Bottom

Graeme

08/25/10 8:47 PM

My bet is that the admin service is running fine but the FMS service isn't.

Link | Top | Bottom

Next Page

1 2

Previous Page

New Post

Please login to post a response.