Next Page

Previous Page

Thread: How to get the amount of clients connected with Wowza

Created on: 01/18/11 10:37 PM

Replies: 8

Graeme

How to get the amount of clients connected with Wowza
01/18/11 10:37 PM

This thread is for questions for the tutorial "How to get the amount of clients connected with Wowza".

http://www.fmsguru.com/showtutorial.cfm?tutorialID=47

Link | Top | Bottom

adVid

Source code?
01/21/11 2:27 AM

Thank you Graeme. Where could we find source code please?
* Last updated by: adVid on 1/21/2011 @ 2:30 AM *

http://tweetnest.advid.tv

Link | Top | Bottom

Graeme

RE: How to get the amount of clients connected with Wowza
01/21/11 2:35 AM

I've covered this in a few posts in the past, but I don't offer up the source code for the tutorials. I'm the type of "teacher" that advocates the "do it to learn it" approach. So give it a shot and build it, you'll learn so much more than just copying and pasting.

Link | Top | Bottom

feliciepr7

01/21/13 6:42 PM

Thanks for the tutorial, I was able to make it. Now I want to know if is a way to make it see the connections up or down instantly there without refreshing the page?

Thank you.

Link | Top | Bottom

Graeme

01/23/13 11:15 AM

You don't need to refresh the page. It should update automatically based on the way the tutorial is. (I actually had to go back and watch the tutorial...)

Link | Top | Bottom

feliciepr7

amount of clients connected with Wowza
01/24/13 8:38 AM

It doesn't go up or down until the page is refresh, the number stay steady even others are connected. You can check here: Connections
* Last updated by: feliciepr7 on 1/24/2013 @ 8:46 AM *

Link | Top | Bottom

feliciepr7

01/27/13 7:49 AM

I use Willow and in there I can see 12 connections to the application but there is no change in the script you make in the tutorial. Can you check that out, also you can find it here Script also if you want I can provide you with the .Fla file so you can see is the same as the tutorial.

Thanks and thank you for the tutorial.

Link | Top | Bottom

Graeme

02/03/13 9:05 PM

I'm not sure what you might be doing wrong. The tutorial is reasonably simple I think and should update the Flash side with the latest connection count. I'm not able to check over your script though as I don't have much time outside of doing a crazy amount of work that is coming through. You should be able to get the netConnection call from Wowza over the netConnection client object and then update the text box on the stage with the new count. As long as you have the call coming from the onConnect function on the server side. Good luck!

Link | Top | Bottom

feliciepr7

02/03/13 9:15 PM

Thanks for looking on the site. All I did is to write exactly as is show in the tutorial in the AS3 for flash and also on the IDE part. My knowledge is very little so I won't be able to modified without help.

Link | Top | Bottom

Next Page

Previous Page

New Post

Please login to post a response.