Next Page

Previous Page

Thread: Tutorial length of time poll

Created on: 10/14/10 05:46 PM

Replies: 3

Graeme

Tutorial length of time poll
10/14/10 5:46 PM

I'm wondering what everybody thinks what would be a good length of time for a tutorial. I realize the last tutorial I did went just over 45 mins and that's a long time.. So I'm thinking to shorten them. Of course it means less rambling and possibly less substance but to all those watching the tutorials, what do you think? Would a 5 minute tutorial be good? 10 minutes? 20 minutes? 30 minutes? Don't care, just keep doing tutorials at whatever length?

Opinion matters! Let me know, it was a great help when everybody started voting for AS3 tutorials.

Link | Top | Bottom

Graeme

RE: Tutorial length of time poll
10/19/10 11:17 AM

chirp chirp chirp... hello? no preferences anybody?

Link | Top | Bottom

kortex

10/22/10 12:42 PM

I have no problem with a 2 hour tutorial I mean you have already have done the short "beginner" tutorials In order to tutorialize the more complex algoritms and applications means writing longer and longer scripts. The longer the script the more time it will take to explain.Nature of the Beast i suppose. When i get tired of watching a tutorial in 1 sitting I have no problem hitting the pause button and taking a short or long break. So keep making tutorails untill you are fresh out of ideas and leave enduring the tutorial up to the viewer. I read once first you must understand the rules before you can break them....this keep it short rule is ready to be broken. Remember your audiance is people that have the apptitued to sit behind a terminal for hours and sometimes days on end programming they can endure the long tutorial.

Link | Top | Bottom

Graeme

10/26/10 8:25 PM

Thanks for the input! It's a tough one as you say because the more difficult subject definitely take longer and make me break things up into parts which then don't come out all at once due to time constraints.

I'm beginning to wonder what the audience really is actually. I've seen a few complaints around that the tutorials are too advanced and hard to follow. I'm wondering if that's the case too.

Either way, great input. Thank you. Anybody else have some thoughts on the subject?

Link | Top | Bottom

Next Page

Previous Page

New Post

Please login to post a response.