Home | Search | Login | RSS
We have 1073 members and counting!
Next Page

1 2 3

Previous Page

Thread: Playing a prerecorded file on the server side with the Stream class to play on the client

Created on: 01/29/08 02:57 PM

Replies: 36

Graeme

Playing a prerecorded file on the server side with the Stream class to play on the client
01/29/08 2:57 PM

This thread is for questions for the tutorial "Playing a prerecorded file on the server side with the Stream class to play on the client"

http://www.fmsguru.com/showtutorial.cfm?tutorialID=12

Link | Top | Bottom

jerome

RE: Playing a prerecorded file on the server side with the Stream class to play on the client
01/31/08 2:32 PM

that stream rocks !
how can i upgrade it to a play list and loop at the end of file ?

Link | Top | Bottom

jerome

RE: Playing a prerecorded file on the server side with the Stream class to play on the client
01/31/08 3:43 PM

ok i find the way out in the docs !

Link | Top | Bottom

Graeme

RE: Playing a prerecorded file on the server side
01/31/08 4:23 PM

What did you do then? Please let us know when you get a moment.

Thanks for the compliments :::^)::

Link | Top | Bottom

jerome

01/31/08 4:56 PM

just listed the files, and the last option 0 is to link to the second one, as the doc says.
But now i'm looking on how to loop back when the two has played.

this.clientStream.play("today",0,-1,0);

Link | Top | Bottom

jerome

01/31/08 5:02 PM

also do you know how could i update the playlist on the fly ?
would we need a shared object for that ?
and each this.Stream.play(... would grab the flv name in the shared object ?

Link | Top | Bottom

CircuitBoy

01/31/08 6:48 PM

In the FMS Actionscript (Main.asc) how do we set up timers to have streams start at a specific time? Or do we need some external script / application to trigger functions that would play the streams?

Link | Top | Bottom

Graeme

01/31/08 7:35 PM

I would use a setInterval to monitor a time that the stream would start in comparison to what time it is now.

Link | Top | Bottom

jerome

02/01/08 8:12 AM

Graeme, why this goes makes my flash server crash ? and not loop ?
Do you know how do i make a command look ?

while(1) {
}

Link | Top | Bottom

jerome

02/01/08 8:23 AM

or how do i detect that the stream has ended to play, and its ready for an other one ?
onstatus something ?

Link | Top | Bottom

Graeme

02/01/08 9:24 AM

You can watch the onStatus event on the server side. I'm sure there is a stop playing event that the server can receive.. Although I've never tested it myself. But you can definitely receive onStatus events which you can react to. Here is a link to that information on the livedocs:

http://livedocs.adobe.com/fms/2/docs/00000851.html

Link | Top | Bottom

jerome

02/01/08 1:16 PM

thanks, i did that and it works !
Also i added a chat function, can i use the same nc when i use 2 application in the same project ?
Shred Object + livevideo ? No conflict ?

PS : Are you learning chineese as i see your windows in chinese or japanese ?

Link | Top | Bottom

Graeme

RE: Playing a prerecorded file on the server side
02/01/08 3:14 PM

For 2 applications on the server side, you'll need 2 netconnections. For 1 application you can use 1 netconnection to handle everything video/so/audio/data etc.

My OS on my computer is in Japanese because I lived in Japan for 9 years and bought this computer there. I'm fluent so I never bothered to change back to English. I'm sure it throws a few people off, but shouldn't really affect the quality of the tutorials.

Link | Top | Bottom

frimann

What's wrong???
08/20/08 6:23 AM

Hi
Thanks for a fantastic website. I'm am a FMS rookie, but I have tried to follow along in this tutorial. It seems pretty basic, and I have tried a couple of times now. However I cant get it work.
When I go to the Administration Console and look in the Live Log, I get this info:

Unloaded application instance serversidestream/version1
Found wildcard (*) entry: disabling authentication for HTML file domains
Found wildcard (*) entry: disabling authentication for SWF file domains
Accepted the connection from IP:130...

I suspect that it is setting on the server, but I have very little knowledge in that area. Do you have a suggestion on what is wrong?

//Frimann

Link | Top | Bottom

Timeview

09/29/08 8:35 AM

This worked really well - Thanks
I have one question. I have some java code that can connect to a Netstream to test if it is available and it works fine but the why it works it a bit like FLVcomponet in that you pass the full rtmp path & filestream name. The problem I am having is that it always connects to the default app name (_definst_) not "version1" which I setup. The code is old and I did not want touch it but was hoping to get the code working with default instance but no luck so far - I am missing somethign silly - help.

Link | Top | Bottom

Timeview

09/29/08 9:31 AM

I Got this working by putting in "_definst_" in app dir and put in needed flv -

Link | Top | Bottom

Alt

06/20/09 10:36 PM

hello everybody
I tested this and worked fine but I've some questions. Do I always have to connect to an "instance"? in this case localhost/my_application/instance. Why can I not just connect to localhost/myaplication since the main.asc file is there?
Also, in the first I put the .flv file into the same diretory from main.asc file and it didnt work of course, but I didnt get the point of using the folder "streams". This folder structure was not informed neither on .asc file nor .fla file.
Sorry for the basics questions

Link | Top | Bottom

Next Page

1 2 3

Previous Page

New Post

Please login to post a response.