Next Page

Previous Page

Thread: high quality live stream

Created on: 12/11/07 12:33 PM

Replies: 4

asflash

high quality live stream
12/11/07 12:33 PM

Hi I was wondering how can I send live streams with best quality I know flash media encoder can send best quality the thing is with flash media encoder I only have one camera to show and my app (air) can show and send mutiple camaras to the clients like for example a user starts the cameras he has and some other user can connect to fms and recieve what those cameras are showing and my question is what is the best way to send the best quality video live and multiple cams and also can you tell me please where can I download the new fms(fms3) free developer version :p the page goes to the download of fms2.

thanks in advanced

Link | Top | Bottom

asflash

RE: high quality live stream
12/11/07 12:39 PM

sorry for the second post by mistake I press the button twice

Link | Top | Bottom

Graeme

12/11/07 1:03 PM

FMS3 isn't out yet, they won't be releasing it until late January I think.

As for getting good quality video, the flash player only support the Sorenson codec, so you'll either have to settle for that or use FME or another solution like Flix or something.

Link | Top | Bottom

asflash

12/11/07 2:45 PM

thanks for the reply can you explain me please if fme can encode my livestream in the fly ? there is a way to call it when a streamstarts (live) from server side code or something and tell it fme encode this , then for other stream fme encode this and so on depending the netstream connections?

pd fme encode this means some kind of command to call it telling fme encode some stream , making the (fme encode this) clear hehe :)

Link | Top | Bottom

Graeme

12/12/07 5:22 PM

FME does the encoding on the fly. FMS does not encode at all.

I have a couple of articles about this subject.

Here: http://www.fmsguru.com/showarticle.cfm?articleID=34 and here http://www.fmsguru.com/showtutorial.cfm?tutorialID=7.

Hopefully that will get you started. Perhaps in the near future I will put together a tutorial that does exactly this so that people don't have to piece information together. I'll see how I am with time.. lots of work coming in lately.

Link | Top | Bottom

Next Page

Previous Page

New Post

Please login to post a response.