Thread: Video Conferencing application using Red5

Created on: 02/04/11 07:38 AM

Replies: 3

shammi

Video Conferencing application using Red5
02/04/11 7:38 AM

hello FMS GURU,
i finally made one complete application in media server (red5) this is a
Video Conferencing application in Flash Actionsctipt 3.0 and Red5 (just like Flash media server) check this application here http://creative2.synechron.com/UAE/VideoConference/v2/red5demo.html. thanks for sharing your knowledge for free. this basic tutorials on your site helped me make this application.

Right now i am not using any java code on red5. just using the oflaDemo application that comes with red5 and i am using shared object. and netStream. i did it alone.

But now the expectation is very high . they are asking for file transfer between people in conference. which i have no clue how i will be able to handle it (but a wage idea about using netstream .appendbytes or may be using bytearray in a sharedobjet.send method.) but i also wanted to know if i is possible to have rooms(like a shared key between users who can join the conference) like a secure video conference(without java code on red5 cause i don't know java). of-course ill be exploring red5 a bit. but i am sure i will find some clues on your blogs or tutorials.

Thank you.

Link | Top | Bottom

Graeme

RE: Video Conferencing application using Red5
02/05/11 3:10 PM

File transfers can be done with P2P in Flash, to establish a P2P connection you'll need either FMS Developer/Interactive/Enterprise version or an account on Adobe's Cirrus service.

Other than that you could HTTP upload the file to the server and then have the other user download it. If you do it right you can make it look like they are sharing the file with just each other. Requires an HTTP server and some server side coding though.

You're welcome about the tutorials, thank you very much for the compliments. They are always very much appreciated.

Link | Top | Bottom

shammi

02/05/11 11:08 PM

hello FMS guru.
I figured out how i will be able to get the concept of Room(a shared key so that only those with a key can enter the room) i can append a key (KDJSJD or something unique) to sharedobjet name. so only those(who have the getRemote("chat_SO"+key) will be communicating.

P2P in flash? . ok i am not using FMS i am using Red5. http is not a solution for this because it will first be sent to the server and then back to a client. so lot of waiting time. i want to know more about P2P in flash. which are the major classes in AS3 that will be used.

Thanks again

Link | Top | Bottom

Graeme

02/06/11 9:36 AM

This is probably the best site around for info on P2P with Flash:

http://www.flashrealtime.com/

Link | Top | Bottom

Next Page

Previous Page

New Post

Please login to post a response.